Over the years, blackjack has remained one of the top casino games in the world. With its fast-paced and easy gameplay, players from all over the globe flock to physical and online casinos to place their bets and go against the dealer.
Live dealer blackjack has the same look and feel as land-based blackjack games. Just like the standard game, the main objective is to beat the dealer by creating a hand with a value of 21.
Blackjack is one of the easiest casino games to play. Since players are playing against the dealer only, this gives you better odds in winning large payouts. Learn how to play live blackjack by following the rules below:
- In most blackjack tables, the player on the left side of the dealer is the first one to receive his cards, and the player on the right will be the last one to receive his cards.
- Blackjack uses two or six 52 card decks.
- Bets are made before the cards are dealt.
- The numerical value of each face card except for Ace is 10.
- One of the dealer’s two cards is face down until all players have completed their hands.
- You can ask the dealer for another card. You can keep hitting until you’re satisfied with your cards or until he ‘stands’ or ‘busts’.
- The hand is called a ‘natural’ when either the player or dealer has a total of 21 on their first two cards.
- The dealer will win if you bust.
Player moves in the game
There are generic strategies that players should adopt when playing blackjack. Decide on which tactic you want to use because it will be your key to a higher chance of winning. Here are a few generic strategies in blackjack:
Hit or Stand
To hit is to ask for another card while to stand is to stick with your hand and not ask for more cards. With this, you should always remember to:
- Stand on hard 12 if the dealer has 4-6
- Stand on hard 13-16 if the dealer has 2-6
- Stand on hard 17 or above
- Stand on soft 19 or above
- Hit hard on 11 or below
- Hit soft 17 or less
- Hit soft 18 if the dealer has 9, 10, or Ace.
This means quitting the game before knowing what cards the dealer has. When you do this, your initial bet will be returned to you. You should surrender your hard 16 vs the dealer’s 9, 10, or Ace. You should also surrender if you have a hard 15 and the dealer has 10.
Doubling down means making an additional bet equal to your original wager and receiving an additional card from the dealer. Keep in mind that you can only double down using the first two cards dealt to you.
Always remember to:
- Double hard 9 if the dealer has 3-6
- Double hard 10 if the dealer has 2-9
- Double hard 11 if the dealer has 2-10
- Double soft 13 or 14 when the dealer has 5-6
- Double soft 15 or 16 when the dealer has 4-6
- Double soft 17 or 18 when the dealer has 3-6.
If you are dealt with cards of the same value, you can place an additional bet and split them into two. The following pairs can be split, except when you have 10 and 5:
- Split your Aces and 8s.
- Split your 2s and 3s if the dealer has 4-7.
- Split your 4s if the dealer has 5-6
- Split your 6s if the dealer has 2-6
- Split your 7s if the dealer has 2-7
- Split your 9s if the dealer has 2-6 and 8-9.
Strategies to win in blackjack
Boost your chances of winning large payouts in blackjack when you try different strategies that will give you more chances on how you will play it. Here are some of the most common and trusted strategies in blackjack:
- Set a budget and stick to it - Set a limit on how you’ll spend your money so you’ll have the chance to think about your strategy.
- Review the rules sheet - Since there are other blackjack variations, make sure you check the rules to see if there are any changes.
- Know when to quit - While it is okay to be enthusiastic about winning in the game, you should know when’s the right time to stop. This will help you minimize your chances of losing all your money.
- Check the dealer’s up card - Always check the dealer’s cards before doing anything. This will give you a chance to contemplate and plan your next move.
- Start small - It’s always good to start small especially if you’re new to a game. See where the game can take you and when you get a hang of it, that’s when you can increase your bets on the game.
Play live blackjack today
Bring your skills to the table and beat the dealer when you create a hand of 21 in blackjack! Discover if luck is on your side when you try a wide range of live blackjack games such as Evolution Live Blackjack Party, Salon Prive Blackjack 1, First Person Blackjack, and more. Find out how much you can win when you play right here at Bitcasino!
Words by: Rainielle Barlaw