Cryptocurrencies enable rapid and anonymous money transactions across the globe. Get started now by setting up your first crypto wallet in a few easy steps.
Coinbase is an online platform for buying, storing, and transferring cryptocurrency. You can also convert digital currency to local currency and vice versa.
- Go to the Coinbase website here
- Click “Get Started” button
- Fill in the form with your information (we recommend that you create a strong password)
- Verify your email address
- We recommend that you also configure Two Factor Authentication on your account
When you create an exchange account, you also have access to crypto wallets that are associated with your specific account.
- After logging in, you need to deposit funds into your account before you can start buying cryptocurrency
Click the “Buy/Sell” button
- Click “Deposit funds”
- A pop-up window will appear with the Coinbase bank account information for you to make a bank transfer. Important notes on this:
- Make sure the name on your bank account exactly matches your name on Coinbase
Make sure that you add the correct “Reference Number” as a note or comment to your bank transfer
- When you have funds on your account, you can click again on the “Buy/Sell” button
- Select the cryptocurrency that you want to buy
- Insert the desired amount, and click buy
- Congratulations, you are now a crypto owner!
Sending cryptocurrency from Coinbase to other wallets
- Click the “Send/Receive” button
- Select the cryptocurrency that you want to send
- Insert the amount that you want to send/withdraw
- Insert the destination address (public key) of the destination wallet
- Example: If you want to make a deposit to Bitcasino.io, just insert the address of the wallet of your Bitcasino.io account.
- Click continue, and you are done!
When copying a wallet address, always ensure that you and the receiver are on the same network.
For example, you should only send Bitcoin to other Bitcoin addresses. If you send it to other networks like Ethereum, you will lose your funds forever.