Keno Slots 101: Maximize your odds of winning
Lottery-style casino games are usually won out of pure luck and intuition. For keno slots, getting all 20 numbers correctly to win the jackpot almost seems improbable. However, there are strategies you can employ to maximize your chances of winning, right here at Bitcasino!
In a nutshell, keno is played by picking a set of numbers between 1 and 80. You can select up to 20 numbers in one ticket. Before the numbers are drawn, the player must set the amount they want to wager per draw. Players are allowed to play in multiple draws, wherein they can choose a different set of numbers or stick with the one they initially picked.
Once everything is set, the Keno slot will draw the 20 winning numbers at random. If any of these numbers match with yours, then you win. The sum total of your winning numbers determines the payout you’ll receive.
Keno slots strategy
Standard payout structure
The payouts vary from one casino to another, so it’s important to check your options first before choosing a game. To easily understand how the payout system works, the table below shows a standard payout structure (note that all amounts are in mBTC):
Odds of winning keno slots
For you to pick 20 correct numbers in a keno table can be possible but it’ll take immense luck because you are up against statistical odds.
The table below shows the keno slot machine odds of each pick in every draw:
You’ll notice the odds get steeper when the numbers you bet on increases. Although the payout you’ll reap is huge, the statistical probability of guessing the right combinations decreases. This is why most strategies often focus on betting with fewer numbers than completing the whole 20. You get to maximize the possible profit when you work around the odds of the game.
Keno betting styles
Most players centre their strategies on the types of bet within a game as seen below:
- Straight ticket - Mark all the numbers you want to bet on in your ticket. You can choose up to 20 numbers. To win, you must at least land some of the numbers, if not all, on the ticket.
- Way tickets - It’s the most popular bet option in keno slots. It’s convenient for players because you can bet on multiple games at once. Unlike straight tickets, there isn’t a limit on the selections you can make.
- King number ticket - A main number called ‘king number’ is initially selected by the player. This is then added to all your other number groupings.
- Split tickets - You can bet on two games at once with a split ticket. A single ticket contains both sets of numbers you’ll be betting on with each game but you cannot use the same set of numbers twice.
- Combination tickets - You can customize your ticket with the various betting styles in this list when you wager on combination tickets.
Maximize your odds in winning keno slots
The chances for players to straight out win is limited because the winning numbers are randomly selected. Even seasoned players know that hitting all 20 is improbable. Most casinos don’t even have a pay scale for the 20-number winning combination.
Now that you know the basics of playing keno slots, it’s time to try them out. Start a monkey-riffic journey with Banana Keno, or explore the wonders of the forest at Jungle Keno. Try your luck in winning large amounts of prizes at keno slots at Bitcasino!
Words by: Ryah Sunday Carreon