Playing casino games is fun. They’re easy, relaxing, and most of all, they can give you high payouts if lady luck is on your side! While most casino games are games of chance, it doesn’t mean that you have to rely solely on fate to take home those wins.
There are a few ways to increase your chances of winning and improving your gameplay. One technique you can try is to learn the basic lingo used in casino games. Before you start hitting those buttons and placing wagers, here is a compiled list of basic casino terms you need to know to get you started!
Slot games are considered one of the most loved casino games out there. Not only will they entertain you with their immersive gameplay and graphics, but they also come with high jackpots that you can hit with just a few spins! Here are a few terms you need to learn about slot games:
- Credit or Coin - Credit or coin are the units used in slot games. All the pays you will receive will be converted to coins.
- Jackpot - The jackpot prize is the largest payout you can receive from playing a slot game. You cannot take home an amount bigger than the jackpot prize in the game.
- Progressive Jackpot - Progressive slot games are the ones with payouts that increase their value with every game played. Progressive jackpots can reach up to a million depending on the slot game.
- Maximum and Minimum Stake - The number of credits you can place per pay line. Slot games vary from the amount of maximum and minimum stake they allow.
- Payline - Payline or pay lines are the imaginary lines where the symbols in the game should make an appearance to form the winning combinations.
Roulette is one of the most popular casino classics played by a lot of players using chips and a rotating wheel. According to history, Roulette is the oldest casino game played as a form of entertainment by royalty and the elite before. Here are a few terms you can take note of to improve your Roulette gameplay:
- Bet on the Layout - This kind of bet in Roulette is placed anywhere within the roulette table.
- Column Bet - A column bet is placed on the three unoccupied columns of the roulette table.
- High Bet - The high bet is a type of bet in roulette where the player expects the ball to land on the numbers from 19 to 36 in the table.
- Parlay - A parlay is when a player decides to double a win of the bet.
- Pockets - Pockets in the roulette table refers to the little spaces within the table where the ball might land. Each pocket in the Roulette table features numbers ranging from 1-36.
Blackjack is considered as one of the easiest casino games to play, this casino game is played by players of all ages because of its easy to understand game mechanics. Here are a few blackjack terms you need to know to improve your gaming:
- Bank Roll - Bank roll refers to the amount of funds available in the game.
- Black Book - The black book is another term used by players to refer to the players banned from playing the game.
- Bust - The bust is when the hand of a player or dealer exceeds 21.
- Hit - This happens when the dealer hands out another card upon the player’s request.
- LS - LS or later surrender is when a player decides to surrender his hand to get back half of the bet he placed.
Baccarat is one of the simplest casino games you can play out there. While this game does not require much technique, knowing the basic terms of the game can help you breeze through baccarat gaming:
- Action - Action refers to the total money you staked during the game.
- Bankroll - The amount of money you decide to wager for the game.
- Chemin de Fer - Chemin de Fer is a variant of Baccarat that means ‘railway’ or ‘railroad’. In this version of Baccarat, the player acts as the banker in the game.
- Dealer - Dealer in baccarat refers to the person handling the cards.
- Flat Bet - A flat bet in baccarat is when you decide to place the same amount of stake regardless of whether you have a winning or losing hand.
Poker is arguably the most popular casino game played by players. Other than its exciting gameplay, poker features variations that people can choose from. Here are a few terms you need to know to get you started with poker:
- Ante - The Ante in poker refers to the bet all the players must place before the hand gets dealt. Everyone is required to contribute to the ante before the game starts.
- All-in - Refers to the accumulated bets of the players in the pot.
- Flop - Flop refers to the first three cards dealt after finishing the first round of betting in the game.
- Fold - Flop in poker means you will surrender your cards face down on the table. When you fold your card in a poker game, it means that you will also lose all the bets you placed in the pot. Fold only happens if you think you don’t have a good hand.
- Full House - Full house in poker means that the cards you have in hand consist of a three of a kind and a different pair.
Playing casino games are indeed fun and rewarding. But before you dive into the world of casino gaming, make sure that you have enough knowledge and information about the casino games you want to play. If you want to try out table games, try various table games on Bitcasino where you can try your hand at their extensive collection of table games you can enjoy!